Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gyeongju, part I


Hello again! I promised a while ago for pictures from my vacation, and here is the first set!

I'd like to apologize for my photography. I'm 24 and still can't seem to get my finger out of the picture.

Also, all photos are taken with my Galaxy S2, so...yeah. x.x


Anyways, for my vacation I went to GYEONGJU!!! It's a very old city near the east coast of Korea, and is basically the #1 tourist destination in all of Korea. True, that's not saying much, but it's such a beautiful and peaceful place...


The first day we didn't see much. We went to a very, very old temple and saw an old Buddhist bell with a scary...fish?:




Oldest (I think) Pagoda in Korea:



Some old paintings on the walls:





The first of many Buddhas that we saw: 


(I couldn't take pictures of all the Buddhas because sometimes there were people praying and that would be awkward...)



Then the signs told us to walk into this field....apparently something important USED to be here. o.O

 Nice field, I guess.


Ahhh, it's so nice to be out of the noisy city. I want to live here.



All over Gyeongju there are these huge grass mounds...and yes, they are tombs.



Yay, dead people!

More to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the second to last picture. I want to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing place....beautiful...nature....momma

    ReplyDelete